Sunday, December 9, 2018

Space Opera



The story I ended up choosing to read was The Stars By Destination by Alfred Bester for this blog entry. First, lets talk about how they tattooed tiger stripes on the mans face so people know he's a prisoner. I mean that's on another level of branding, like the face is the first thing people see when they see a person and is very hard to get removed but then again this is the future. The fact that he really didn't do anything wrong to become a prisoner is what happens a lot even in today's society which is sad. He hoped the ship that saw him would help him but they acted like Stevie Wonder when they passed him. Gulliver which is the main character was left stranded for dead, but, he found a way to build an escape ship and somehow made it back to his home planet but has a plan to get revenge on that I can sorta understand from his view point.

If someone left me for dead and somehow I got out of the crappy spot I'm coming for you on sight no questions, no apology, and definitely no forgiveness. I read like they wanted him dead so why shouldn't he want them dead. He does fail to get revenge and gets thrown in prison for it but they question him about his cargo on his ship but he doesn't tell them which is great loyalty. He shows element of loyalty, heroism, and noble in my person opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment