Sunday, December 9, 2018

Mythic Fiction and Contemporary Urban Fantasy




The story that I read was the Ananzi Boys by Neil Gaiman was a interesting read in my opinion. The fact that it starts out the Main character is living in England but use to live in Florida is already a great start because I love the Europe. The myth of Greek gods and goddess I always found amazing since I was a young child. I look at them more as heroes than gods but I think they have similarities but have a fine line that separates the two. The reason I bring that up is the fact that the Protagonist's father was the god of Trickery but Charlie (the main character) didn't know that at all about it. Charlie also didn't know he had a brother but the reason that was because his brother inherited all of his father's powers while Charlie didn't inherit nothing from his father. The lady did tell him that if he wanted to talk to his brother, he should tell a spider that he wants his brother to come visit him.

Now to me that sounds like the lady was on some really strong drugs but Charlie listen and did it one night when his girl wanted him to kill a spider and he thought this would me a good time to try that out. The weird thing about it all is the fact it actually worked and his brother actually shows up named spider. It really made me think it was interesting how everything worked in the story and was a good read this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment